26 July 2012
International Strategic Management
This three-week Master-level Program at the International Summer University WU is taught by highly qualified guest lecturers of WU partner universities with topics changing on a weekly basis.
Students will take International Strategic Management and 2 other courses and gain a total of 9 ECTS.
Check out our website to see the available class combinations!
Course description of one International Strategeic Management class:
The ‘data nature’ of the business world is changing. Every object and person is becoming wirelessly connected to the Net and constantly, in real time, actualizing data on both its position in space and its status. As a result, our ability to capture, warehouse, and understand massive amounts of data is changing science, medicine, business, and technology and our culture in general. Because in the era of big data, as C. Anderson once wrote, more isn't just more. More is different. For everybody and every company. The biggest challenge of the Petabyte Age will be figuring out how to make sense of it. The biggest improvements in economy, business, social organization and scientific research in the next decades will be based on our ability of continuous analysis of big data sets in real time. Making sense of these big data sets will become a new powerful and exciting sector of economy.
The course will address and answer the resulting questions: What is the meaning of these developments for businesses? Will they bring a chance/threat for companies and their business models? How all this will influence the strategy making process in companies?
Courses are held by renowned, international guest lecturers of WU partner universities as well as by WU staff.
Application requirements for the Master-level Program are current enrollment in a Master's Program or equivalent, with a focus on business administration/economics, and / or a Bachelor's degree in a Business major as well as excellent English language skills.
The aims of the course are:
- To gain understanding and processes of strategy formulation and implementation and apply them in a International setting
- to investigate and structure a complex strategic marketing and/or management challenge that an International company faces in its market environment,
- to be aware of competing arguments behind a number of strategic approaches
- to come up with a decision for the most promising solution, and
- to support this decision with key arguments based on theoretical considerations and empirical findings
Upon completion of this course, students should have:
- The ability to conduct a strategic analysis in a global stetting.
- The ability to take a holistic approach to the application of analytical frameworks and tools.
- The knowhow to obtain and analyze information which will aid decision making.
- The ability to analyze cases which approximates closely to the rapid analysis of global business situations.
Students will attend three one-week courses with topics changing on a weekly basis and gain a total of 9 ECTS.
EUR 800: Full tuition: 800 EUR OR reduced tuition: 400 EUR which applies to students who attend a WU partner university school.
EUR 1530: In addition to the tuition fee, a program fee is also required. The following services are included in the program fee:
-Breakfast and lunch (Monday through Friday on lecture days)
-Accommodation in the students’ residence hall
-Public transportation ticket within Vienna for the time of the session
-Use of WU's infrastructure
A special scholarship rate of 800 EUR is available to students living and studying in SEE or CEE in one of the following countries: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania