4 July 2014
Sustainable Tourism Development and Special Interest Tourism
The Summer School aims to provide training of high quality at the fields of Sustainable Tourism Development and Special Interest Tourism. In this context, current summer school offers substantial knowledge of issues related to best practices for sustainability through the development of special forms of tourism. Tourism is approached as driving force for long term economic development simultaneously with enhancement of social wellbeing.
The summer school’s program includes lectures, discussions, case studies, fieldwork etc. Professors from University of Aegean and other national and international Universities will participate in these activities. Moreover, students will be asked to complete team assignments in the field of tourism development. The summer school will take place at the facilities of University of the Aegean at the beautiful island of Rhodes.
Professor Paris A. Tsartas is currently serving as the Rector of the University of the Aegean. He is the Director of the Laboratory for Tourism Research and Study (ETEM) at the Interdepartmental Program of Post Graduate Studies in Tourism Planning, Manage
Application to the Summer School may submit:
• Undergraduate and postgraduate students on tourism studies
• PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and young scientists on tourism field
• Key stakeholders of the public and private sectors related to tourism
• Current or future tourism entrepreneurs
• Employees at tourism enterprises
• People wishing to work in tourism
• members of local authorities related to tourism
who wish to enhance or obtain knowledge on Sustainability and Special Interest Tourism(at a macro or micro level). Good knowledge of English language is necessary.
The course aims will be:
• training on issues related to tourism development
• diffusion of knowledge on how tourism can lead to sustainable development
• studying best practices related to Special Interest Tourism
• exchanging knowledge with the international scientific community
EUR 260: The Summer School fees include:
• educational and other supportive material
• coffee breaks
• light lunches
• educational visits.