29 July 2016
This beginners' course focuses on 10 topics from every day and school life. The attention is drawn to the topics in the field of social communication: greeting each other, family, jobs, food & drinks, expressing numbers, time, place words (at home and school), activities & hobbies, invitation of going out and weather, etc.
Ms. Ya-Ping (Amy) Hsiao.
Students who prepare their exchange in China or Taiwan. All people who are interested in China and Chinese. No prior knowledges of Chinese is required.
• Describe the characteristics of the Chinese language .
• Apply basic grammar rules to construct simple sentences .
• Recall 200 Chinese words of 10 topics in Pinyin transcriptions.
• Recall (not reproduce with hand-writing) the meaning and Pinyin of 100 commonly used Chinese characters.
• Recognize the meaning of phrases and sentences based on the combination of these 100 Chinese characters.
• Use a number of common spoken expressions to deal with real-life dialogues.
• Differentiate the cultural differences between the Dutch and Chinese etiquette.
EUR 450: The course fee does not include any study materials. Tilburg University students 'pay' with 6 language vouchers. If you do not have enough vouchers, you pay € 65 per language voucher.
• Tilburg University students pay € 390.
• Prospective Tilburg University students who register from September 2015 pay € 450 and can use their
language vouchers to get a refund of € 390.
• Tilburg University members of staff: pay € 410.
• Alumni who graduate less than four years ago, can participate in this course at the internal rate of € 410.
• External participants pay € 450.
• In addition: all participants must pay a participation fee of € 70 to facilitate the summer school.
Tilburg University Summer School charges a fee of € 70 per participant for the organization of the event.
There are no scholarships available.