28 July 2016
This course will introduce students to basic aspects of compliance and to the role of the corporate compliance office in implementing and evaluating programs designed to comply with statutory, regulatory, and company rules, and disseminating of such programs among management and employees. The course will explore fundamental elements of compliance, including risk assessment, attorney-client privilege, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, global codes of conduct, crisis management, corporate social responsibility, antitrust considerations, crisis management, and securities regulation.
- The corporate compliance course will help students understand advanced corporate law, strategic management principles and government regulation, while improving their skills in business administration and critical problem solving.
- Ethics associated with corporate compliance
- Critical Thinking (students can apply critical thinking skills to basic domestic and international compliance situations)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand advanced corporate law, strategic management principles and government regulation, while improving their skills in business administration and critical problem solving.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the major functional areas covered in this course, including risk assessment, privilege, crisis management, antitrust and securities regulation, and corporate social responsibility.
- Analyze and evaluate a company’s compliance and risk assessment strategies and policies and apply them to real world compliance issues.
- Recognize global issues associated with corporate compliance; including, environmental issues, employment issues, ethical dilemmas, and legal regulation and apply critical thinking skills to evaluate possible solutions and predict the likely outcome.
or 4 US credit hours
EUR 850: The course fee includes: information packet with city guide; Seminars and lectures; Teaching material; Program related excursion; Ticket for public transport in Bremen (bus+tram)
The course fee excludes: Travel expenses; Accommodation in Bremen (available at extra costs); Health and liability insurance; Board and personal spendings; Participation in optional activities