27 July 2018
Russian Culture in Estonia and Beyond
The topics of the course include:
1. Pieces of Russian art, Russian theatre, music, cinema – let’s speak about 30 masterpieces, visit to Kadriorg Art Museum
2. Tallinn Text in Russian Culture
3. Tallinn – a filmmakers’ darling.
4. The orthodox church and Russian icon (visiting the Museum of Icons)
5. Old believers and their culture
6. Peter I and his time (visiting Peter I Museum)
7. Russian culture in Estonia – the history and modernity
8. Workshop with an Estonian Russian writer
The course is open to everyone interested in Russian culture in general, as well as in Russian culture in Estonia. It is a good supplement for all the participants of Tallinn Summer School who have classes in the morning, as this course is designed as an afternoon activity. This course can be very useful for those who have chosen the Russian Language course and want to learn more about Russians.
The aim of the course is to present Russian culture in general, highlighting the most important works of art and events. Focus is also on presenting Russian culture phenomena in Estonia.
In order to get the summer school certificate, students have to participate in at least 90% of the classes and complete an independent work task.
EUR 250: Accommodation and meals are not included in the price.
EUR 200: Course fee for Tallinn Summer School's Russian language course participants.