27 August 2018
Introduction to Corporate Finance & Leading Entrepreneurial Venture
ZSEM’s 2-week Summer School program is organized with the Luxembourg School of Business. The program offers 2 core courses for the attendees in order, to comprehensively understand international financial markets, enhance the financial and banking knowledge, and key leadership skills imperative in the accelerated business world.
The program offers 2 core courses for the attendees in order, to comprehensively understand international financial markets and enhance the finance leadership that banking sectors require. LSB summer school consists of the courses International relations & Leadership.
Courses are credited for 5 ECTS (2.5 ECTS each).
Course: Introduction to Corporate Finance
professor: Jos van Bommel
Course: Leading Entrepreneurial Venture
professor: Peter Scott
Our summer program will host students* from all over the world who are interested in spending two weeks learning and experiencing academic excellence in beautiful Luxembourg, center of the banking industry and world financial center. Apart from the in-class academic program, LSB’s international summer school offers a variety of educational company visits as a part of the additional business experience.
- being at least an undergraduate student
- fluent in English language
At the conclusion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify and validate opportunities from which companies are started
- Perform customer development and market research to define a strong a business model
- Interview customers to validate a business model
- Assemble a startup team
- Analyze and develop startup financials
- Understand the different startup investors and how they make investment decisions
- Craft an investor pitch
Courses are credited for 5 ECTS (2.5 ECTS each).*
EUR 2800: Included in the tuition:
- Accommodation for 13 nights, from 15th to 28th of July in double bedroom with breakfast
- Cultural activities; Luxembourg sightseeing and visit of the north of the country
- Company visits to PWC, EIB and Cargolux
- Big Farewell Dinner
- All learning and classroom materials
The student needs to provide transport to Luxembourg, international insurance, other meals, personal expenses and potential visa expenses (thus required).
*Calculations are based on 20 students, if the number of students is smaller, the cost of accommodation could slightly increase.