10 July 2020
Future Materials in Fashion: Lifestyle, Trends and Design - IED Barcelona
Bearing in mind a more sustainable alternative, the Summer Course in Future Materials in Fashion: Lifestyle, Trend and Design, is an intense one week course that focuses in applying new intelligent fabric to design development with active workshops and expertise collaborations. We will explore how we can apply creative concepts efficiently to develop innovative design results to anticipate our future needs and challenges for a more sustainable tomorrow.
Key themes include exploring lifestyle forecasting and future scenarios; work collaboratively with leading technological and research centre Materfad, showcasing a selection of advanced materials that represent a breakthrough in design, engineering and architecture; and applying innovative materials to propose fashion design products as an alternative solution.
This course addresses creative professionals that come from a diverse range of disciplines in the fashion fields, who are attracted in enhancing their skills in future innovation and trends applying competitive thinking to design. Advanced design applications are needed. To address international participants, the course will be held in English (although basic Spanish is helpful).
- To explore current and future micro/macrotrends in culture, design and society;
- To understand future scenarios and actively re-think future designs;
- To gain better insights of Intelligent materials and fabric applied to design;
- To value the creative process through active team work;
- To enhance fast prototyping to clarify concepts and get valued feedback;
- To actively apply future materials to transmit core concepts;
- To gather and transmit concepts in the final report.
EUR 1200: Enrollment Fee: 700 €
Tuition Fee: 500 €
Please visit www.ied.edu website to get all informatins on schoolarship opportunities.