14 August 2020
Virtual Reality & Exercise Gaming
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, this program has been cancelled for 2020. Please check our website for the new TU Berlin Summer University Online program.
The course addresses the following topics:
- What is Virtual Reality and Exergaming (exercise gaming)?
- How can Virtual Reality be connected with sports?
- Understanding benefits and limitations of VR environments
- Introduction to programing for Virtual Reality with Unity
- Workshop in designing, prototyping, and developing for one small Exergame in VR
- Perform a usability test and use the gathered result during the development
Dr.-Ing. Jan-Niklas Voigt-Antons
Tanja Kojić, M.Sc.
The target group includes current university students who have completed at least one year of their studies (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD level). Working professionals with equivalent work experience are also welcome to apply. Bachelor and Master students interest in virtual reality.
The course aims at:
- Explaining what Virtual Reality is, history of how and why it was developed, and the potential future use of it
- Defining exercise gaming, and showing benefits of the connection with Virtual Reality
- Teaching how to develop first Virtual Reality game with Unity
- Providing a practical workshop by creating a use case design, a game scenario and by prototyping and developing the first game itself
- Performing a usability test and teaching how to analyze/incorporate the results into a next app version
EUR 1950: The fee covers public transportation for the duration of the course, excursions, course materials, and a cultural program.