19 July 2019
Dimensioning and Tolerancing for Manufacturing
This course will cover the fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and will delve into some of the practical implications and effects that drawing notations will have on actual production parts.
Dr. Sean Niemi is received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering working in the University of Florida Soft Matter Engineering Center. Prior to completing his graduate studies he had a brief foray into industry working at Space Exploration Technologies (Spac
Engineering students who have taken classes in:
- Calculus 1
- Physics 1
- Any engineering drawing/CAD course or instructor approval
The goal of this course is to learn about:
- Methods for determining tolerances and manufacturing precision
- Pros and cons of using GD&T to specify dimensions and tolerances of parts and/or assemblies
- General understanding of how to dimension a part and assembly drawing with GD&T
- Knowledge of how GD&T usage will affect part production and assembly
EUR 950: The fee includes: the Summer School academic program, transportation ticket and some extracurricular activities.