28 June 2019
EU Regulation and Supervision of Financial Markets
- Scope of financial market regulation in the European Union
- The European supervisory architecture (EBA, ESMA & EIOPA), the Single Supervisory Mechanism and the role of the ECB in the wake of the European Commission’s review
- Crisis management for financial institutions in the EU: recovery and resolution for systemically relevant financial institutions, bank insolvency framework
- Overview of the relevant rules: MiFID II, MiFIR, CRD in the light of Basel III, PSD2, UCITS and AIFMD
- Overview of the anti-money laundering regime and the 5th Directive
- FinTech: risks and benefits to financial markets; effect on banking and capital markets
The course is aimed at legal practitioners seeking an introduction to the regulation and supervision of financial markets in the EU.
This summer course will provide an introduction to the regulation and supervision of financial markets in the European Union. Participants will learn about the main challenges faced and the approaches adopted by EU regulators and supervisors.
EUR 1032: More details about the fees and discounts
Early registration discounts
10 % before 24.05.2019
20 % before 24.04.2019
25 % - For young lawyers up to 30 years of age (important: the participant must provide a copy or details of his or her passport or identity card on registration); Full-time staff of universities or comparable academic institutions; Staff of charitable organisations or comparable institutions
25 % - Discount Voucher Code
If you have a discount voucher code, please click on the option above and enter the code in the Voucher Field when you register.
40 % - Staff of European Union institutions and agencies;
Staff of ERA’s patrons (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany and the German states, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, City of Trier)