16 August 2019
Mechanical Engineering – Experimental Fluid Mechanics
Join our course Experimental Fluid Mechanics to experience a dynamic and informal study environment with hands-on work in small groups. You will be taught by a professor with extensive experience in fluid mechanics from work in industry and at university.
This course introduces methods and techniques for measurement and data analysis in experimental fluid mechanics, e.g. study of aerodynamic in wind tunnel and hydrodynamics in pipes and ducts. The course is a combination of theory lectures, experiments, data analysis and laboratory report.
During the course you will go through the following:
• Dimensional analysis, flow similarity and model studies
• Design and analyses of experiments, e.g. data acquisition, experimental uncertainty and measurement error
• Experiences with different measurement technologies for experiments in fluids, e.g. basic properties, pressure, velocity, flowrate, visualization, particle image velocity (PIV)
After participation in the course you will be able to plan and conduct experiments in fluids and to document the result from laboratory experiments in a report.
TEACHING AND INSTRUCTION METHOD
The Faculty of Engineering has adopted a student-centred approach to learning, and teaching is based on problem based project work. Students participate significantly in class and carry out project work in small teams. The experimental work, data analysis and reporting will be done in teams. The course is a combination of theory lectures, experiments, data analysis and laboratory report.
Ivar Lund (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You must have completed two years of engineering studies. Furthermore, knowledge of basic fluid mechanics is required.
• Ability to analyze collected data from an experiment
• Ability to design an experiment in fluids
• Document the result from laboratory experiments in a report
• Planning and conducting experiments in fluids
EUR 0: Exchange students from a partner university pay no tuition. Guest students pay tuition fees.
NON-EU student: 8635 DKK per course (1160 Euro)
EU Students: 4250 DKK per course (570 Euro)
Exchange students from partner university: No tuition