21 July 2019
In the seminar Quantum Computing the following topics will be covered:
• A short introduction to logic
• An introduction to quantum mechanics
• An introduction to quantum information theory
• Presentation of some quantum algorithms
• Descriptions of some physical realizations of quantum computers
All of these topics can be found in the book Quantum computation and quantum information, by Michael A. Nielsen and Isaac L. Chuang. The participants of the seminar are recommended to obtain a copy of this book prior to participating.
GEORGE ANDROULAKIS, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
Advanced undergraduates and graduate students or even faculty majored in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioengineering, or Neuroscience.
USD 1500: Includes room and board as well as excursions
Extensive range of scholarships and discounts for registrations in more than one seminar (see our Tuition and Registration page)