1 August 2020
Our Electronic Engineering Summer School offers advanced undergraduates and recent graduates the opportunity to develop their knowledge of electronic engineering and gain first-hand experience of laboratory work and industrial application.
Electronic Engineering will examine cutting-edge application areas such as:
• Working knowledge of key tools LabVIEW and Keysight's ADS for instrument control and circuit simulation
• The concepts of Amplitude Modulation and demodulation
• Time and frequency domains and how to interrogate data in each domain
• Communication channels and how they impact modulated signals
• RF power amplifier design and communications
• Advanced PA optimization for 5G
• Soldering techniques
You will be able to work with world-leading research and academic staff from in the School of Engineering's high-quality facilities, located in the multi-million-pound Queen’s Buildings complex.
In addition to a valuable learning experience, you will stay in City Centre accommodation, embark on two cultural trips within the UK and be invited to entertaining social events in our vibrant Welsh Capital. This is an opportunity to experience British culture with new friends from across the globe.
Both Wales and the UK are uniquely rich in history, architecture and culture and our summer schools are sure to give you unrivalled personal, social and academic benefits which will enhance any CV or résumé.
Undergraduate students, recent graduates or those with relevant work experience (18 years old and above).
Our summer schools, based in the Capital City of Wales (UK) offer students a rich insight into British culture in addition to a valuable, unforgettable study abroad experience. Our innovative courses take an interdisciplinary approach to addressing numerous global issues through hands on labs, lectures and industrial visits.
*Please note, the contents of this course are still subject to change and may be cancelled in the event of low turnout.
Students are usually able to obtain credits from your home institution. If you intend to claim credits from their home university after attending one of our summer schools, please make sure you ask your University about their requirements before you enrol with us. The decision to award credits rests with your home institution. Informal assessments will vary for each course but all participants will be provided with a certificate of attendance. Please contact us on PSE-ISS@cardiff.ac.uk if you have any questions.
GBP 1995: The fee for the Summer School is £1,995.
• Tuition fees
• 10 meals per week (breakfast and lunch, Monday to Friday)
• Airport pick up and drop off from Heathrow airport on fixed dates
• Excursions organised by Cardiff University (such as Stonehenge and industrial visits)
£1000 - apply before 1st April 2020 to be considered for a scholarship.