19 July 2019
Doing Business in Russia: Diversity of International Business Models
This year, the 6th Summer School organised by the Master’s programme International Management is focusing on diversity of business models rooted in the uniqueness of Ekaterinburg and its region. Historically industrial, today the city is known as the centre of innovations, sports, culture and education while retaining much of the manufacturing capabilities. The School participants will learn about various aspects of doing business in Russia from this diverse environment and will develop their own start-up project at the end of the programme.
The tailor-made summer school is designed for students interested in:
- working in partnership with Russian companies;
- working in Russian global corporations or medium-sized businesses;
- opening an enterprise in Russia or jointly with a Russian partner company.
The programme includes 7 modules in the next areas dedicated to Russian business specifics:
• Cross-cultural Aspects of Working and Living in Russia
• International Business Models
• Legal Aspects of Launching Business in Russia
• International Sport Management
• Cultural Events Management
• Innovative Projects in Russia
• Entrepreneurial skills
Students participate in:
• Core interactive lectures
• Field visits and case studies
• Master classes by corporate and academic partners
• A technological tour to the main industrial exhibition in Russia – International Trade Fair INNOPROM
• Group start-up projects assessed by the jury of corporate representatives
Social programme includes a city tour, a visit to the Boris Yeltsin Presidential Center and informal meetings.
Prof. Dr. Liudmila Ruzhanskaya, Head of the Academic Department of International Economics and Management
Senior undergraduate and master students, recent graduates and all interested in doing business in or with Russia
The course introduces the Russian business environment with the focus on business modes in different economic spheres, and allows the participants to develop a business idea for the Russian market.
EUR 400: The fee includes:
- Airport pick-up service
- Study programme
- Transfers to field visits
- Coffee breaks and lunches on study days
- Welcome and farewell reception
- Cultural programme: a city tour and a visit to the Boris Yelstin Presidential Center
- Accommodation at the university dormitory
- Visa support and official invitation for Russian visa
EUR 150: For students from GSEM partner universities.
No scholarships available.