13 July 2019
Engineering Stream (July)
Imperial’s Global Summer School offers students from across the world, the opportunity to study at a global top ten university.
The two-week intensive residential programme provides the choice of three learning streams; engineering, physical sciences, and medicine and life sciences.
Students on the Engineering learning stream will be taught by members of Imperial’s Faculty of Engineering to develop essential engineering skills and find solutions to real world challenges.
In week one of this stream you will:*
• Explore a range of disciplines and facilities within the faculty of Engineering
• Conduct practical experiments, collect and analyse data
• Work as part of a team to solve real-world engineering problems
• Test your design skills in a series of team-based activities
• Build and test models and prototypes using a range of materials
In the second week, students from all learning streams come together to use their knowledge to find solutions to a real-world challenge. Previous topics have included; robotics for health, wearable technology, future vision and space.
*Please note the above information is meant as a guide and applicants should be aware that the academic programme is subject to change from year to year. We are currently in the process of organising the academic sessions for the 2019 Global Summer School. Please email us if you have any questions about the academic sessions or any other aspect of the programme.
The Faculty of Engineering, Imperial College London
16 - 17
You will have the chance to take your subject knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that balances lectures, seminars and a high level of practical work. This includes the chance to access professional advice and guidance around applying for university study in the UK, especially to Imperial College London.
GBP 4590: The cost of the Global Summer School programme is £4,590. This includes:
• All tuition
• Course materials
• University masterclasses
• Use of campus facilities
• Accommodation in our student hall of residence on campus
• Three meals a day
• A packed social schedule including day trips and evening activities.
• Travel to and from activities
• Certificate of participation on completion of the Summer School, awarded by Imperial
• Meet-and-greet transfer service at Gatwick and Heathrow airports on the first and final day