19 July 2020
on course website
Sustainable Business and Economy for Smart Cities
This summer school will focus on building capabilities and business strategies for Smart Cities.
In 2050 the largest cities in the world are expected to be in Africa. Luanda, the capital of Angola, is estimated to have 6 Million people today and will continue to grow. Today’s infrastructure is not designed for such large population. Economic creation is struggling already now. Food, Housing, Transport, Health & safety require a sound thought process on answering key questions. This opens up questions, such as:
- Will enough resources be developed to build the future large cities?
- How to develop capabilities and businesses to support smart cities in Angola?
- What are the key challenges today?
- Under what conditions will it be possible to build a smart city and who will be able to take the challenge?
- What are the Ethical and Legal consequences?
- What kind of transition will take place?
Paulo J. Marques Morgado
This summer school is designed for graduate and undergraduate students, as well as postgraduate students (PhD, Post Docs), researchers and other external parties. Participants should have a Bachelor degree, or close to finish, in Business, Economics, Social Sciences, Engineering, Medicine, Biology, and affinity with Smart Cities development.
It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English.
After this course you will be able to:
- learn about Africa Growth, Culture and Challenges
- formulate questions for scientific research and make use of Qualitative Research
- integrate multi-disciplinary elements and recognize multi-level aspects.
- connect and master African business work environment
EUR 395: Participants fee: €395,- (incl. accommodation, local transport, and lunch; excl. travel expenses)
EUR 50: Angolan participants fee: €50,- (excl. accommodation, local transport, and lunch; excl. travel expenses)
on course website