19 August 2023
Imperial’s Global Summer School offers students from across the world, the opportunity to study at a global top ten university.
The two-week intensive residential programme provides the choice of three learning streams; engineering, physical sciences, and medicine and life sciences.
• Monday 3 July - Saturday 15 July
• Monday 7 August - Saturday 19 August
Students on the Physical Sciences learning stream will be taught by members of Imperial’s Department of Mathematics to develop vital programming skills, as well as to advance their theoretical knowledge by participating in a team-based project.
In week one of this stream you will:*
• Conduct practical experiments, collect and analyse data
• Encounter new mathematical techniques in a lecture-led teaching session
• Learn the basics of the Python programming language and create computer simulations
• Present the results of your experiment as a group
• Finish the week with a real understanding of oscillations and their importance throughout the natural sciences
In the second week, students from all learning streams come together to use their knowledge to find solutions to a real-world challenge. Previous topics have included; robotics for health, wearable technology, future vision and space.
Students will also be able to participate in university and careers masterclasses, alongside a packed evening and weekend social programme.
*Please note the above information is meant as a guide and applicants should be aware that the academic programme is subject to change from year to year.
The Department of Mathematics and The Department of Physics, Imperial College London.
16 - 17
You will have the chance to take your subject knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that balances lectures, seminars and a high level of practical work. This includes the chance to access professional advice and guidance around applying for university study in the UK, especially to Imperial College London.
GBP 5825: The cost of the 2023 residential Global Summer School programme is £5,825. This includes:
- All tuition fees.
- Course materials.
- Use of campus facilities.
- Accommodation and on-site Wi-Fi.
- Three meals per day.
- Social programme activities.
- A certificate of participation awarded by Imperial.
- Meet and greet transfer service at Heathrow Airport on the arrival and departure dates.