2 August 2019
During the Summer School in Turbomachinery students with the help of internationally recognized professors will study theoretical and practical issues of steam, gas and micro-turbine’s life-cycle.
The course is practically oriented and consists of lectures, practical exercises, group work and technical games.
More information about the energy schools in St. Petersburg Polytechnic University find at the summer school's website.
The topics covered:
1. Steam turbines.
2. Gas turbines.
Contact persons - coordinators: Mrs. Alena Aleshina (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mrs. Ekaterina Sokolova (email@example.com).
The School is opened for Russian and foreign students with specialized background in Turbomachinery or Mechanical Engineering. Basic knowledge in thermodynamics, steam and gas turbines is required.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the summer school and all necessary documentation to validate the course at their home university.
There is also possibility to choose 2 or 3 weeks' course.
EUR 740: The participation fee includes tuition fee, course material, company visit and cultural program. Tuition fee is fixed in rubles (55 000 RUB for 3 weeks and 40 000 RUB for 2 weeks) and in EUR depends on a currency exchange rate and can vary.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Trip to Peterhof, world famous for its fountains;
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue;
- Excursion to beautiful suburbs near St. Petersburg with the palaces' visit. Pushkin / Pavlovsk / Oranienbaum;
- Campus tour;
- Russian language & culture class;
- Closing Ceremony in art space.
Early Bird fee till 1st of May. No scholarships