26 July 2019
The course provides students with comprehensive introduction to the process of construction object’s design, building and operation with application of different technologies assumed by the concept of digital economy – Building information modeling, Additive manufacturing and Building automation systems. The course includes practical hands-on exercises with using modern software to design, test and implement corresponding project and technological solutions in the area of industrial and civil engineering.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Pub Quiz in the city center of St. Petersburg.
- Visit to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
Alexander Vysotsky, general director of LLC “Vysotskiy Consulting”;
Daria Zaborova, assistant professor, department “Hydraulics and strength”;
Daria Sprengel, specialist on construction, IBCON engineering company.
Students are expected to have at least 1 year of university-level studies.
EUR 510: Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.