26 July 2019
Computer Modeling and Simulation for Engineers (Polytech – UNED)
This is a joint program developed in cooperation with UNED: National University of Distance Education (Spain).
The course curriculum includes:
• Introduction in Modelica (Dymola, OpenModelica);
• Introduction in MVL (MwStudium, Rand Model Designer).
Introduction in Object-Oriented Modeling is based on two courses «Modeling and Simulation with Modelica for engineers» (prof. Alfonso Urguia, Spain ) and «Rand Model Designer for beginners» (prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Russia) developed for InMotion Project. Modelica and Model Vision Language are object-oriented, equation based modeling languages for modeling and simulation complex dynamical systems. Models of complex dynamical systems are hierarchical, component models with event-driven behavior. Both courses iuclude lectures, practical work and independed work with tools for visual modeling.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Pub Quiz in the city center of St. Petersburg.
- Visit to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
Prof. Alfonso Urquia, UNED, Spain;
Prof. Carla Martín-Villalba, UNED, Spain;
Prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Polytech, Russia.
Students are expected to have at least 1 year of university-level studies.
EUR 510: Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.