13 August 2021
on course website
Perfecting your Academic Writing Skills
Although writing is one of the most essential skills for a PhD student, many are not the productive super writers they would like to be. During this one week course, experienced writing coaches will teach you powerful strategies that help you increase both your productivity and the quality of your writing. Interaction with fellow writers is a vital part of this course. Every day starts with an interactive group lecture.
Themes of the lectures include:
• getting to know your personal strengths and pitfalls as a writer;
• steps in a typical writing process; maximizing your efficiency by using techniques like speed writing;
• reader-oriented writing;
• perfecting your academic English.
The rest of the day will be productive writing time, during which a writing coach is present to help you with any questions or problems you might have. Each participant will furthermore participate in one peer feedback session, guided by a writing coach.
Griet Coupé, Coordinator Radboud Writing Lab
Radboud In’to Languages
This course is designed for PhD students, although Master's students with a fairly advanced level of academic writing are also welcome to participate.
After this course you are able to:
1. Manage your writing process, using effective writing strategies
2. Tailor your academic writing to the needs of your intended audience
3. Improve the structure, style, vocabulary and grammar of your texts
4. Get maximum return from (peer) feedback
EUR 725: The fee includes the registration fees, course materials, access to library and IT facilities, coffee/tea, lunch, and a number of social activities.
We offer several reduced fees.Register for this course
on course website