18 July 2020
Informal Logic for Business
The course introduces students to the concepts and tools used for the analysis and evaluation of arguments. It is concerned primarily with arguments presented in everyday oral discussions rather than ones occurring in scholarly texts, and it pays special attention to the arguments used in business contexts. In addition to analyzing arguments as isolated units, it will also consider what use they can be put to in different kinds of dialogues.
Gábor Forrai is professor at the Department of Argumentation Theory and Marketing. Trained as a philosopher, he obtained his PhD at the University of Notre Dame and was a visiting scholar in Oxford, Edinburgh, Frankfurt and Marburg. He has been teaching c
BA and MA students, recent graduates
• understand the crucial concepts of logic
• recognize vulnerable points of arguments
• test arguments through critical questioning
• identify unfair argumentative moves
• develop an attitude for successful resolution of conflicts
• learn how to deal with tricky questions
EUR 350: EUR 350. Early bird discount and last minute application is available. The fee includes:
- Tuition fees for the one-week course
- Course materials and equipment
- Academic programs
- Welcome reception
The course fee does not include accommodation, transportation or health insurance.
Early bird fee until 30 April.