12 August 2022
Entrepreneurship: From Business Opportunities to Innovation in Practice
This course aims at understanding the base of patterns for successful implementation of business models based on new technologies. Students will learn how to design new business models by using the Canvas methodology. Furthermore, they will learn how to generate value from new ideas and to strength competition of new venture by leveraging on economics, strategic and managerial dimensions able to transform new ideas in successful business models.
Prof. Giovanni Perrone
- Full Professor at Università degli Studi di Palermo and Invited Professor at Iscte Business School
- Extensive research and practical experience in tech entrepreneurship, innovation ecosystem and open innovation fields
Master level students
At the end of the course, participants are expected to:
• How to design and represent new business model opportunities by using the Canvas methodology.
• Learn about the main patterns for successful business models.
• To understand the economic, strategic and managerial dimension of successful business models;
• To characterize the entrepreneurial process stages, identifying the characteristics and tasks to
accomplish in each one;
• To develop an applied business idea to their field of studies.
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from programme to programme. Therefore, we recommend you to check each programme syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (get approval on their programme and do not miss more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the total of hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed the course, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
EUR 1150: (Students from Iscte partner universities - 1 000€)
The programme on campus fee includes:
• Course materials;
• Team Building event;
• Use of the library, PC labs and Iscte facilities;
• Public transportation card in Lisbon;
• Airport pick-up service (to be confirmed);
• Welcome lunch and farewell session,
• Transcript of Records or Certificate of attendance (in case the student does not complete the course with success).
Some leisure activities, such as visits to museums and trips outside Lisbon, are not included in this fee and are paid upon arrival in Lisbon.
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for our summer school.