1 July 2023
Leading High Performance Teams
The course is designed to assist students build the skills necessary to function as members of effective and supportive teams. Students will also learn how to lead high-performance teams within organizational settings. A combination of experiential exercises, case discussions and lectures will be used to teach students how to work within, and manage high-performance teams.
The course will focus on how motivation, communication, technology, decision making, creativity, leadership, and conflict management can enhance organizational team effectiveness.
Pre-requisites: Basic knowledge in the following areas:
- Human Resource Management (leading and motivating employees, designing effective organizations, understanding organizational cultures, controlling resources and effective communications)
- General Management (planning, organizing, controlling and leading an organization)
Prof. M. Travis Maynard
- Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Management at Colorado State University
Prof. Patricia Costa:
- Assistant Professor at Iscte Business School, Department of Human Resources and Organizational Behavior
The summer programmes are available for students at bachelor or master level and those who are interested in having an international academic experience at ISCTE Business School.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Apply contributions from Management, Organizational Behavior, and Human Resource Management research to effectively work with others within organizational settings.
- Familiarize you with the role of leaders and team members and the behaviors of both that support team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Practice activities utilized by effective managers and members of teams.
- Advance your understanding of human behavior in the work place.
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from programme to programme. Therefore, we recommend you to check each programme syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (get approval on their programme and do not miss more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the total of hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed the course, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
EUR 1150: (Students from Iscte partner universities - 1 000€)
The programme on campus fee includes:
• Course materials;
• Team Building event;
• Use of the library, PC labs and Iscte facilities;
• Public transportation card in Lisbon;
• Airport pick-up service (if requested);
• Welcome lunch and farewell session,
• Transcript of Records or Certificate of attendance (in case the student does not complete the course with success).
Some leisure activities, such as visits to museums and trips outside Lisbon, are not included in this fee and are paid upon arrival in Lisbon.
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for our summer schools but we can recommend you to look for scholarship programmes online.