15 July 2022
Virtual Fashion Design: the New Real
Within this course you will gain insights and knowledge on the influence of new technologies that are of great importance for the fashion industry. You learn to get insights and knowledge on the influence of 3D virtual prototyping on the Fashion industry and developments that show virtual fashion in AR/MR and AI. You will learn to translate ideas and vision into experiments, garment design, virtual prototypes and a final presentation of 3D simulated end products. Create and produce in a sustainable way, discover the new design possibilities, rethink traditional working methods and design together the company of the future. What will be your role by then?
Ineke Siersema, Lisette Vonk, Emma van Gerven & Julie Sil VostaLova
Conceived for advanced fashion students, bachelor- or master level and professionals from the industry.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop in a small group a future fashion company concept with new technology and 3d virtual fashion.
- Translate ideas and vision into free-style experiments and digital end products, relate them to fashion, technology and industry.
- Create a digital twin according to a physical existing garment relate to fashion, technology and industry.
- Use your knowledge of traditional craftsmanship for garment realization in 3D virtual prototyping , research how they are related.
- Build up knowledge about contemporary and creative technology in fashion and develope ideas on sustainability from design to end product.
- Work in an organized manner and communicate the learning process individually and as part of a team.
- Obviously, the level of process and (end) products will relate to the student’s mindset and skill-set on arrival.
EUR 1150: Tuition fee