16 July 2021
Virtual Fashion Design: the new realonline course
Developed for experienced fashion students (bachelor or master level) and professionals. This course introduces participants to develop new skills to conceptualize a new fashion vision and materializing this through the use of high-end 3D simulation technology for Fashion. You will become familiar with and gain insights and knowledge on the influence of 3D virtual prototyping in the Fashion industry. You will also be informed about upcoming developments such as VR/AR and AI. One of the benefits is to create and produce in a more sustainable way, secondly the opportunity to explore and challenge new design possibilities and to rethink the way you want to design, perform and produce Fashion.
Within this course you will learn to translate ideas and vision into experiments, garment design, virtual prototypes and a final presentation of 3D simulated end-products.
This course is organized by the Amsterdam Fashion Institute (AMFI). AMFI is unique in her education on 3D virtual prototyping and developing high level products and performance. We like to give you the opportunity to be part of that development and the change of paradigm in fashion.
Sustainable thinking and acting is one of the core values of AMFI education and we expect the student to do so by integrating it in their vision and presentations.
Ineke Siersema & Peter Leferink
Conceived for advanced fashion students, Bachelor level and Professionals. Willing to learn about fashion & new technology and to develop their skills to conceptualize fashion vision and materializing this through the use of new 3D simulation technologies in fashion.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a fashion solution with the technology of 3d virtual prototyping.
- Translate ideas and vision into experiments and digital end products and relate them to fashion and technology.
- Use your knowledge of traditional craftsmanship for garment realization in 3D virtual prototyping and research the relation between them.
- Build up knowledge about the most contemporary and creative technologies in fashion and develope ideas on sustainability from design to end product.
- Work in an organized manner and communicate the learning process individually and as part of a team.
EUR 1150: Tuition fee