7 August 2020
on course website
Fashion & Textiles
This course will explore the key concepts in conceptual design for textile and fashion products, with the opportunity to experiment with a wide range of materials and techniques, and their specific application to a fashion product.
From your sketchbook and fashion concept research, through to understanding fabric and colour palettes, and experimentation with fashion shapes, and understanding fabric manipulation, a series of practical workshops and inspirational study sessions will enhance your design knowledge, critical awareness and develop your fashion and textile design skills. You will be guided through the creative design process and encouraged to develop your own original style
The course aims to:
• Provide extended practical sessions to develop your fashion design skills in a professional Higher Education setting.
• Develop your drawing, and fashion product design skills and aesthetic awareness in relation to fashion.
• Develop your understanding of the key principles of research and concept development for authentic and original fashion design.
• Enable you to develop your individual fashion identity through a series of exploratory and experimental textile and materials workshops.
• Develop your ability to communicate your fashion design ideas confidently and effectively through oral and visual presentations, sketches and written work.
• Enable you to explore both manual and digital industry standard fashion resources, developing your confidence and understanding of appropriate use of fashion equipment and best practice.
• Enhance your understanding of fashion analysis techniques, and how to communicate visually and respond creatively to a brief.
• Enable you to produce a digital or physical fashion folio of work for future development or use at interview.
• Enhance your understanding of important historical, social, ethical and cultural issues related to fashion and their influence on contemporary fashion design
Credits are available. Please contact us for details
GBP 0: Course fee
GBP 900: Residential Programme (Optional)
n/aRegister for this course
on course website