26 July 2020
Sustainability and Innovation in Rural Development
During the intensive innovation practice period the students will focus on theoretical lessons in classrooms, work group sessions and study visits outside university. Students will analyze these case studies – business, social, cultural and education, environment, local government institutions activities of different specific topics:
1) in development of rural economy (diversification inside of farming (forestry, recreation, tourism, food processing), diversification outside of farming (new employment possibilities);
2) in improvement of environment and landscape (positive externalities (contribution of agriculture), negative externalities (input of agriculture), physical infrastructure;
3) in development of social capital and infrastructure (education, consultation, qualification, communication centres, knowledge, competence, integration to the labour market/network);
4) in development of local organizations capacities and institutional surrounding (rules, policy, LAG, rural communities, local government);
5) in development of cultural heritage and territorial identity, territorial image;
6) in development of production, social and other technologies and their multifaceted impact on rural development.
Students will work in a group on chosen topic and will prepare a group-report which have to be presented in oral and printed copy for course lectures.
Dr. Vilma Atkočiūnienė (email@example.com)
This intensive internship course is designed for the second level (Master) international students.
Course objective is to develop the abilities to self-organize and carry out scientific and applied research needed for innovative rural development policy and management decisions based on the conduct and dissemination; consolidate the acquired theoretical knowledge, improve practical managerial and administrative work, research, rural development of quantitative and qualitative evaluation (criteria and standards-based) skills, achieve a higher level of awareness about the test object, evaluate managerial, social and other innovations regions (institutional system) rural institutions and organizations; to determine the need for innovation and develop innovation plan.
Work in classroom – lectures (30 %)
Work in classroom – group work sessions (40 %)
Study visits – outside university (20 %)
Preparation of innovation practice report (10 %)
EUR 450: This is Early Bird price. The price after May 1: 500 Eur