9 July 2021
on course website
Advanced Technologies for Materials Processingblended course
The School provides the unique opportunity to attend intensive academic program, which is focused on the processing technologies (PT) and joining techniques (JT) with experience of professors from European countries, with different opinions and approaches. The two-weeks School is divided in two blocks: Basics and Advanced. First block will give you the theoretical knowledge, basic descriptions of the technologies and an overview of their applications. Second block consists in advanced topics on these technologies based on state-of-the-art practice based activities in research laboratories and deep aspects of the material microstructure evolutions during processing. The program will cover: PT and JT, powder production and characterization, metallurgical and mechanical properties, residual stresses and post-treatements. The school program is suitable for students and engineers interested in these technologies and topics. All studies are developed in accordance with the European requirements and can be recognized as a period of study abroad.
Block 1: basics
- Overview of metallic additive manufacturing and friction based joining techniques;
- Fundamentals on different technologies (PBF, DED, WAAM, FSW …);
- Physics and mechanics of thermomechanical processes (thermomechanics basics, phase transformation, residual stresses …);
- Metallurgical and mechanical properties.
Block 2: advanced
- Physics of the energy-matter interaction;
- Advanced metrology in additive manufacturing;
-Friction based processes and impact on microstructures and properties;
-Microstructure and advanced physical properties;
- Focus on steels and aluminium, nickel and titanium alloys,
Within the school, students will have the opportunity to develop their own project under the guidance of specialists in telecommunications, biophotonics and fiber optics. The development of the project will consist of both the theoretical part (the schematic part and the corresponding calculations), and the practical part where students can assemble and test their own device.
Deadline for registration:
Online format: June 21, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: June 07, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: May 03, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Provided only for the Hybrid or the Tailor-made formats:
- on campus at the university dormitory
- off-campus at partner hostels in the city center
Details of the options and booking procedures will be discussed with each applicant individually.
Professors and lecturers:
Anton Naumov, associate professor, Polytech, Russia
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English;
- Students from different area (material science, mechanical engineering, physics, etc) finishing a Bachelor or in Master;
- Engineers from industries interested in an introduction and a general overview on AM and JT;
- Scientists and/or senior engineers interested in advanced topics and actual challenges in AM and JT.
EUR 160: Online format: 160 Euro
Hybrid format: 160 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invition)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.
NoRegister for this course
on course website