27 August 2021
on course website
Game Design: 3D Character Animationblended course
Summer course “3D character animation” gives students ability creating interesting character in 3D! It may be a man, a robot, a monster or a dog, whatever you want. This course aims at bridging the gap between ideas and their digital representation by introducing students to the basics of three-dimensional modeling, rigging, skinning and making animation. It gives a unique opportunity to learn about character animation process and practice different approaches to develop an idea into a 3D character. Besides in the end you will see, how your character walks, runs and make some moving in game location.
We invite a diverse auditorium of creative people: product or industrial designers, computer graphics artists, fine arts or business-focused students with good knowing of 3D modeling. The module will be of interest for both experienced designers and beginners who'd like to expand their knowledge and understanding of the subject area. Both Russian and international students can take part in the Summer School, all teaching will be conducted in English.
The module consists of 2 weeks of intensive teaching: cross-disciplinary curricula offers courses which represent different stages of design process from hand drawing to computer modeling and animation opportunities. Extensive practical work is aimed at gaining insight into contemporary product design process and is led by qualified professors. The facilities for the courses include well-equipped laboratories, computer rooms and drawing studios of SPbPU.
Deadline for registration:
Online format: August 02, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: July 19, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: June 07, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Provided only for the Hybrid or the Tailor-made formats:
- on campus at the university dormitory
- off-campus at partner hostels in the city center
Details of the options and booking procedures will be discussed with each applicant individually.
Professors and lecturers:
Simon Schur, associate professor of the Higher school of Design and Architecture
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
Required computer hardware and programs:
1. Powerful modern computer (Intel Core i3, 4 GB RAM, etc).
2. The following programs are required for this course:
NB: Since it is a trial version for the first 30 days, please, do not install it until August 10, 2021
2.2. Unreal Engine.
EUR 270: Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invition)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.
on course website