30 July 2020
Behavioral Development Economicsonline course
Behavioral Development Economics is one of six online courses of the CEBEX Summer School on Behavioral Sciences 2020 which is held from 20 to 30 July.
Development economics inquires into why some countries prosper, and others not. Experimental findings suggest that cultural differences explain a lot of variance in economic behavior. The acknowledgement that psychological factors may affect a country's prosperity allows for more efficient policymaking, which may result in less poverty.
Topics: Introduction to behavioural development economics; Social preferences, culture and development; Psychology of poverty; Labour; Firms; Research methodology; Randomized controlled trials; Intervention; Nudges and choice architecture
If completed successfully, the course is awarded by 4 ECTS credits.
- - -
All online courses of the CEBEX Summer School on Behavioral Sciences 2020:
Crash courses (20-22 July, 2 ECTS)
• Introduction to R
• Standard Behavioral Economics
Advanced courses (27-30 July, 4 ECTS)
• Behavioral Data Analysis in R
• Behavioral Development Economics
• Behavioral Public Policy
• Evolutionary Behavioral Economics
Find more information on our website.
The course is designed for people with basic knowledge of behavioral economics.
EUR 290: CEBEX Summer School fees:
Until May 17
• Complete courses (advanced + crash) - 390€
• Advanced courses only - 290€
• Crash courses only - 190€
Until June 14
• Complete courses (advanced + crash) - 440€
• Advanced courses only - 340€
• Crash courses only - 240€
Until July 12
• Complete courses (advanced + crash) - 490€
• Advanced courses only - 390€
• Crash courses only - 290€