11 June 2021
Family Health and Family Care
In the Summer school Family Health and Family Care you will learn, together with students from different disciplines, countries and cultures, about how to support patients and their families using a family-focused approach. The summer school is designed to provide the knowledge and insights that you need to implement the family-focused approach in your work setting. Theory will be delivered by leading professors in the field of Family Care. The focus will be on providing knowledge but also on practicing new skills for family assessment, assessing family functioning and determining which family interventions are to be provided.
- The theory and benefits of a family-focused approach in health care
- The impact of illness and caregiving situations on families' health, wellbeing and family functioning
- The assessment of family structure and family functioning
- Family Health Conversations and other interventions
- Collaboration within the triad of the patient, the family and health care professionals
- Technology that can support in family caregiving situations
- Research within the family context
- Ethical issues within the family context
Students have experience with working in teams on a project basis and have developed research skills. No general education on these two topics will be offered. You will work in an international, inter-professional team. Useful additional personal characteristics for participation in such a team are: an open mind, the ability to listen actively, tolerance, flexibility, and transparency in motives, interests and values.
Students master the English language: Academic IELTS 6.0 overall.
After completion of this Summer school you will be inspired and have the skills to apply professional interventions to support patients and their families together.
ECTS 1 EC = 28 hours
EUR 1850: Housing included.
Please note that the program is subject to cancellation if the minimum number of registered students has not been achieved.