11 June 2021
Physiotherapy & Sport
There is a growing awareness in the worldwide population that living a healthy life becomes more important in growing old with a high quality of life. Apart from quitting unhealthy habits like smoking, alcohol consumption and consuming fast or unhealthy food, starting to live an active life helps improving healthy ageing as well. When people start being active they participate in sports which leads to acute and overuse sports injuries. Professionals in the Physiotherapeutic and Sports field are the specialists in diagnoses and rehabilitation they need to be experts in assessing and treating impairments in an active and sportive patient/population.
In the Summer school Physiotherapy and Sport you will learn, together with students from different disciplines, countries and cultures, about how to support athletes, on an elite and recreational level by using a sports analistic approach. The Summer school is designed to provide the knowledge and insights that you need to implement this approach in your professional setting. Theory will be delivered by leading professors in the field of Sports physiology. The focus will be on providing practicing new skills for movement assessment, diagnostic tools and rehabilitation back to the level of participation.
- Prevention of injuries and providing treatment for recuperating and active athletes.
- Taping and bandaging of lower and upper extremity injuries.
- How does psychology effects an athlete
- The use of nutrition in preparation, performance and recuperation
- The place of musculo skeletal ultrasound in diagnostics
- How does strength training effects Return to Play
- What's the position of the REHAB tree in Return to Play
- Why do we measure performance in athletes and teams
- Which treatment / therapy contributes to what goals
The summer school Physiotherapy & Sport is for third-year and fourth-year Physiotherapy or Sports or graduates that have completed a BSC in this field, students who would like to further specialise in assessment, treatment and coaching relating to professional and recreational athletes. The focus in this summer school is on orthopaedic sports injuries.
After this Summer school you have the knowledge and skills to apply professional sports specific interventions to support athletes and an active population in a multi disciplinary setting.
EUR 1850: Housing is included in the course fee.