15 January 2021
Kick start your Career: Academic skills during and after Grad schoolonline course
“What will I ever use this degree for?” Surviving university is no easy task! Many students panic when they finish their studies because they are not aware of how the countless hours they spent writing papers, taking exams, and giving presentations—sometimes to the point of exhaustion and even burnout—will add up to a paying job and fulfilling career. During university the focus is often on learning about specific topics in your discipline, but not necessarily what to do with this information in the real world. Some of the most sought after and marketable skills are learned in university, yet few students realize just how many transferable skills they are acquiring along the way that are highly desired by employers.
MSc Faviola Brugger-Dadis. Faviola is the CEO and Founder of a Medtech Startup, NeuroReality and currently a PhD student at the VU University Amsterdam.
Master’s students and PhD candidates from all disciplines who are interested in learning how to make the most out of their time in university and might not realize all the valuable transferable skills they are gaining! Students who would like to know how to apply these skills in the real world in order to have successful careers. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: email@example.com.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
• Identifying the most valuable transferable skills you gain from graduate school and how to apply them.
• Understanding your potential, motivations, and ideologies in order to find a successful career that fits you.
• Career opportunities inside and outside academia.
• Transitioning from academia to industry.
• How to structure your CV and motivation letters, and prepare for a successful job interview.
• How to balance school/work and mental health.
EUR 600: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity