24 July 2021
Costume Design - IED Madrid
The Summer Course in Costume Design introduces students to the creation of film characters through the clothes they wear and their characterisation.
A character’s clothing in a film tells us a lot about who they are. It places us in a particular period, it talks to us about what they do, their mood etc. It plays an essential, but at the same time silent, role that makes a film credible and memorable.
- Tackle in a theoretical and practical manner the process for designing a costume up to its production.
- Acquire information on the categories and behaviours of materials and fabrics and the creation process.
- Acquire a knowledge base relating to techniques such as modelling and tailoring that make it possible to create the preliminary toiles prior to preparing and producing a costume.
- Develop the ability to create the characteristics of a character in film, series, theatre and television programmes.
Know the aesthetics and styles of each historical period in order to perform thorough and realistic research and documentation processes.
- Understand the correlation between fashion styling and costumes.
EUR 0: € 3.100,00