15 January 2021
on course website
Qualitative Analysis: from Interviews to Resultsonline course
This course will advance student’s skills in the analyzing of qualitative data (e.g. interviews) by using an interpretative approach. This course will help students prepare and transform their findings into a clear and relevant overview, which forms a crucial part of carrying out PhD research.
Christine Teelken works as an associate professor at the VU University of Amsterdam. She has published widely in international journals in the area of higher education, and carries out multi-method research considering gender, and (post) academic careers.
This course aids PhD students in the early and mid-stage of their research. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
Insights into the nature and characteristics of qualitative data, being able to discuss its various forms and its strengths and weaknesses.
Knowledge and Capacity of the various steps necessary to carry out qualitative analysis, and evaluate these critically.
10 contact hours
EUR 800: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity
NoRegister for this course
on course website