14 January 2022
on course website
Qualitative Analysis: from Interviews to Resultsonline course
This course will help students hone their analysis skills and teach them how to take their own qualitative data and condense it into an overview of clear and expressible findings.
The programme will focus on developing the skill of qualitative data analysis through interviews, for example, using an interpretative approach.
Students will prepare and transform their findings into a clear and relevant overview, which is essential for conducting PhD research.
The aim of this course is to equip you with the basic knowledge and practical know-how to conduct qualitative research. After an introduction to the various forms of qualitative research (e.g., ethnographic, semantic, content analysis) and a discussion of the pros and cons, we’ll explore the practical techniques for conducting qualitative analysis. We will provide a brief insight into the most crucial steps of qualitative analysis, after which students will take on their own data using what they’ve just learned to inform their work.
Open to Master’s students, PhD candidates, and professionals. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us via email@example.com.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
Present insights into the nature and characteristics of qualitative data, discuss its various forms, and evaluate it.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the various steps necessary to carry out qualitative analysis and evaluate these critically.
Contact hours: 12
EUR 800: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity
VU Graduate Winter School offers several scholarships. More information can be found on the website.Register for this course
on course website