15 January 2021
on course website
Academic Writing Skills - From PhD Paper to Publication for Business School Studentsonline course
This course will run over a period of 5 days and you will be working on one of your PhD papers during the course. We will have 2 hours of interactive seminars in the morning and 3 hours of practical writing sessions in the afternoon, during which you will work on your own paper as well as give and receive feedback from other participants. The overall goal of the course is to help you improve your academic writing skills and improve one of your PhD papers which you aim to publish in a top journal.
Janina Klein is an Assistant Professor of Organizational Change at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Janina obtained her PhD in Management at the University of Edinburgh Business School and holds a MLitt (Master) in International Business.
PhD Candidates in Business Schools. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: email@example.com.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Signal to readers which academic conversations you are joining and contributing to.
- Be able to write effective introductions based on a step-by-step model.
- Understand how to critically review chosen literature and be able to apply this in your own work.
- Assess chosen research methods in terms of appropriateness, consistency, and reliability and improve your own work.
- Be able to draw on various tips and lessons learned in the review process.
EUR 800: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity
on course website