15 January 2021
Research Integrity: How to Conduct Responsible Researchonline course
The integrity of scientific research has received an increase in attention in recent years. Researchers, policy makers, politicians as well as universities at large have raised concerns about the way academic research is organized and about the influence of the research culture on research practice.
Dr Fenneke Blom has a biomedical background with a focus on epidemiology, communication and policy making.
This course benefits PhD candidates or (research) master students that aspire to be well-prepared upon starting a professional career in academia. Some individual research expertise is required. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: email@example.com.
In this course, students will learn:
• What the current status of academic research requires;
• Whether there is a replicability crisis and what remedies are coined to improve science;
• How to apply the code of conduct for research integrity within student’s own work;
• How to reflect on research integrity dilemmas within specific fields;
• How one can spot unprofessional conduct of research;
• What research integrity will look like in the future and how experts expect academic research to be organized.
EUR 600: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity