15 January 2021
on course website
Economic Evaluation in Health Careonline course
Cost-effectiveness is becoming increasingly important in decision processes concerning the reimbursement of healthcare interventions. At the same time, this criterion also raises a lot of discussion, because many people feel uncomfortable when costs are considered in healthcare decision-making. The Health Technology Assessment at the department of Health Sciences has been involved in research and teaching on economic evaluations (i.e. studies in which cost-effectiveness is analysed) for over 10 years. We have established ourselves as a highly specialized group with advanced expertise in the methodology of economic evaluations.
Dr. J.M. van Dongen, Dr. H.M. Brouliková
Our target audience consists of MSc students and researchers who are (likely to be) involved in economic evaluations and want to learn more about the rationale for, and the design and analysis of economic evaluations. The methods that will be taught are advanced. Therefore, students should have a solid base in epidemiology and/or biostatistics. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: email@example.com
At the end of the course, the studenet is able to:
describe the role of economic evaluations in healthcare decision making and to discuss ethical issues associated.
choose an appropriate design for the economic evaluation considering the decision problem at hand.
appropriately measure and value costs and effects within an economic evaluation.
critically appraise and systematically review published cost-effectiveness studies.
EUR 800: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity
NoRegister for this course
on course website