15 January 2021
Software and Sustainability: Towards an Ethical Digital Societyonline course
Modern society is growing increasingly digital. At the same time, it aims to be inclusive, to increase the quality of life, to tune and adapt for the need of different contexts, and last but not least, to decrease its environmental footprint as we learn how to best integrate, apply, and prioritize sustainability.
Prof. Dr. Patricia Lago
This course will benefit Master and PhD students in Computer Science or related disciplines, Master and PhD students in fields where digitalization plays a significant role within the research or workload.
Overall, students with a strong interest in the impact that software and digitalization can, and should, have for sustainability and the energy transition will excel in this course. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: email@example.com.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Understand the notion of sustainability and its impact over time
• Apply sustainability analysis to a concrete project, develop critical thinking skills
• Learn on how to quantify and qualify sustainability impacts and the role of design decisions in an inter-disciplinary context
EUR 600: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity