14 July 2024
Drivers for Sustainability Transition in Business
This course explores different possibilities of taking climate action to the next level. It is important to understand current trends and innovative practices in sustainability transition. The key focus of this course is on the real business contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a promising way to cope with the tragedy of climate crisis. There is a shift in corporate practices from reactive attitude and passive compliance with societal expectations to more proactive engagement based on disruptive innovation, particularly in climate sensitive industries like energy, construction, textile, or food production and distribution.
Boleslaw Rok, visiting professor from Kozminski University, Poland
contact us at email@example.com to apply !
Upper undergraduate students and graduate students
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• understand different challenges at the governance level currently facing global and local business and ability to connect successful business solutions with social, environmental and ethical demands;
• understand corporate responsibility and sustainability as a part of theory and management practice in big companies and start-ups;
• identify climate risks and recognize challenges and opportunities for innovation and disruptive change;
• develop knowledge and skills to apply managerial and entrepreneurial instruments for sustainability in the changing context
• understand the importance of business model innovation in association with strategy in creating a sustainable competitive advantage.
4 ECTS / 2 US Credits
EUR 600: Tuition fee: 700€ for free movers. 100€ discount on tuition fee if you complete your application before March 15, 2024.
No tuition fees for students nominated by a partner university.
EUR 100: Admin fees: 100€ for all students (non refundable)