5 February 2021
Drivers for Sustainability Transition in Businessonline course
This course explores different possibilities of taking climate action to the next level. It is important to understand current trends and innovative practices in sustainability transition. The key focus of this course is on the real business contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a promising way to cope with the tragedy of climate crisis. There is a shift in corporate practices from reactive attitude and passive compliance with societal expectations to more proactive engagement based on disruptive innovation, particularly in climate sensitive industries like energy, construction, textile, or food production and distribution.
Please contact Claire DELHOMME, winter term manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper undergraduate students and graduate students
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• understand different challenges at the governance level currently facing global and local business and ability to connect successful business solutions with social, environmental and ethical demands;
• understand corporate responsibility and sustainability as a part of theory and management practice in big companies and start-ups;
• identify climate risks and recognize challenges and opportunities for innovation and disruptive change;
• develop knowledge and skills to apply managerial and entrepreneurial instruments for sustainability in the changing context
• understand the importance of business model innovation in association with strategy in creating a sustainable competitive advantage.
EUR 400: 400 euros tuition fee for free movers + 50 euros administrative fee
EUR 0: no tuition fees for nominated students from partner universities