28 January 2022
Big Data: Theory and Applicationblended course
Would you like to go deeper into big data processing and get acquainted with the students from all over the world staying home? This course was launched specially for you!
1) Introduction to Data science;
2) Working with big data;
3) A system for collecting, processing and storing big data;
4) Machine Learning.
Online lectures will be delivered synchronized as live talk with professors and groupmates. Records of classes will be available on SPbPU platform for 1 month after the course end.
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Anton Alekseev, PhD, researcher (SPbPU);
Vladislav Efremov, PhD, researcher (SPbPU).
The course is opened for Bachelor and Master Degree students.
- Linear algebra: vectors, matrices, and their products, derivative;
- Probability theory: random events, mathematical expectation, variance;
- Basic programming knowledge: Python/R, SOLID, SQL, git, docker;
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
EUR 270: Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invitation)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Winter School).