29 January 2021
Big Data: Theory and Applicationonline course
Would you like to go deeper into big data processing and get acquainted with the students from all over the world staying home? This course was launched specially for you!
1) Introduction to Data science;
2) Working with big data;
3) A system for collecting, processing and storing big data;
4) Machine Learning.
Online lectures will be delivered synchronized as live talk with professors and groupmates. Records of classes will be available on SPbPU platform for 1 month after the course end.
Vyacheslav Potekhin, Associate Professor, PhD.
Anton Alekseev, PhD, researcher>
Daniil Lyadsky, PhD, researcher
Vladislav Efremov, PhD, researcher
The course is opened for Bachelor and Master Degree students.
- Good command of English is required. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
- Linear algebra: vectors, matrices, and their products, derivative;
- Probability theory: random events, mathematical expectation, variance;
- Basic programming knowledge: Python/R, SOLID, SQL, git, docker.
EUR 270: The fee covers studying process, materials, issuance of certificate with ECTS credits and its hard copy mailing upon student’s request.