21 July 2022
on course website
PolyPhotonics Summer School is a new program implemented by the Higher School of Applied Physics and Space Technologies. The six-day program comprises three main components: optics in telecommunications technology, fiber optics and biomedical optics. Each track consists of lectures by the world's leading scientists and visual demonstrations in laboratories of Higher School of Applied Physics and Space Technologies. Classes will also be held on modern developments in optical technologies, artificial intelligence for image processing, quantum cryptography and virtual reality.
Within the school, students will have the opportunity to develop their own project under the guidance of specialists in telecommunications, biophotonics and fiber optics. The development of the project will consist of both the theoretical part (the schematic part and the corresponding calculations), and the practical part where students can assemble and test their own device.
Online format: June 28, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: June 7, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: May 05, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Provided only for the Hybrid or the Tailor-made formats:
- on campus at the university dormitory
- off-campus at partner hostels in the city center
Details of the options and booking procedures will be discussed with each applicant individually.
Professors and lecturers:
Scientists and industry experts experienced in the fields of optics and photonics
- Basic knowledge of physics.
- Fluent English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 3 courses of Bachelor Degree (preferably in physical or technical sciences).
Only for the online format:
- Hardware requirements: computer with access to high-speed network connection (minimum download speed of 8Mbps for online video stream), headphone/mic, camera (advisable).
- For online format: Software requirements: MS Teams (free access will be provided for all students), COMSOL (advisable for additional course), Microsoft Office 2007 or newer, alternative: LibreOffice—a free productivity suite compatible with Microsoft Office file formats
EUR 295: Online format: 295 Euro
Hybrid format: 295 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invitation)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.
on course website