8 July 2022
Financial Markets & Investment Analysisonline course
This course aims to provide students with an introduction to the key macroeconomic drivers of the financial markets, financial statement analysis and the fundamentals of security valuation.
On this course you will study:
• Macroeconomic and Industry Analysis
• Financial Statement Analysis
• Bond Prices and Yields
• Equity Valuation and Analysis
On successful completion of this course, and by doing some extra work outside of the summer school, you will receive the Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate.
Dr Solomon Deku, Senior Lecturer at Nottingham Trent University's Nottingham Business School.
This course is ideal for Year 1 and 2 undergraduate students on business, accounting and finance, and economics programmes.
After studying on this course you should be able to:
• Assess the effect of monetary and fiscal policies on business conditions
• Analyse factors that can influence the shape of the yield curve
• Estimate bond prices and yields
• Use economic indicators to describe an economy’s path through the business cycle
• Predict which industries will be more or less sensitive to business -cycle fluctuations
• Evaluate firm performance and estimate the intrinsic value of a firm
• Navigate the Bloomberg terminal using menus and functions
• Effectively work towards solving problems as part of a team
• Analyse relevant financial data to support investment decision making.
On successfully completing this course you will receive 5 cps recorded on an official NTU results transcript, a certificate and a digital skills badge.
GBP 125: Tuition fee includes our exciting social and cultural programme and the opportunity to earn our Cultural Diversity Digital Badge, and the support of NTU Buddies.