16 July 2021
Digital Engineering in Micro- and Nanoelectronicsblended course
The course is more suitable for senior undergraduate students and graduate students.
This is a program developed in cooperation with industrial partners. Students will expand their knowledge in the field of advanced microelectronics. The lectures will include some basics of prospective materials and devices, of microelectronic circuit simulations and design. Students will apply these fundamentals to the area of functional and organic electronics and electronics for telecommunications.
This program will help students to achieve solid understanding how modern digital circuits can be built using Verilog Hardware Description Language (HDL) and tested with FPGA devices. We will start from basic digital devices described with Verilog and evaluated on FPGA development boards. Next step will involve more complex digital circuits, including system-on-chip (SoC) based on SCR1 microprocessor - open source and free to use RISC-V compatible MCU core, designed by Syntacore company. The course is based on regular classes held in SPbPU and will be carried out by very experienced and highly qualified experts.
The course content includes:
- FPGA-based digital design with Verilog HDL
Part of the course related to FPGA-based digital design starts with a brief overview of the ASIC production and FPGA prototyping and then covers basics of the FPGA-based digital design with Verilog hardware description language.
- Measuring automatization based on LabView
During the measurement automation classes, students will become familiar with visual programming in the LabVIEW platform and learn how to work with integrated circuits via serial communication interfaces, such as SPI and I2C.
- Physical processing simulation on ANSYS
- Microelectronics circuits computer simulation
- Organics electronics basics (materials, devices and current trends)
Students receive or expand their knowledge on structure, properties and main production technologies of materials, learn about manufacturing technologies of components and devices of organic electronics, get state-of-the-art information about advantages, disadvantages and prospective applications of the organic electronic devices.
Deadline for registration:
Online format: June 21, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: June 07, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: May 03, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Professors and lecturers:
- Prof. Alexander KOROTKOV, SPbPU (Russia)
- Dr. Ivan PYATAK, SPbPU (Russia)
- Dr. Ivan RUMYANTSEV, SPbPU(Russia)
- Dr. Vera LOBODA, SPbPU (Russia)
- Dr. Victoria KAPRALOVA, SPbPU (Russia)
- Knowledge of Calculus and General Physics corresponding to the first two years of a Bachelor's degree program in physics, mathematics, technology etc;
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 year of University level studies.
EUR 270: Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invition)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.