21 July 2023
on course website
Strategic Brand Management: Meaning, Value and Cultureonline course
Few would deny the importance of brands as valuable assets and a potential source of sustainable competitive advantage. Nestlé bought Rowntree (KitKat, After Eight…) for almost three times its stock market value and 26 times its earnings. This value is created
by the place occupied by the brands in the minds of customers: brand awareness, image, trust and reputation - all built up over many years - are the best guarantee of future cash flows. As one commentator puts it: ‘products are created in the factory. Brands are created in the mind.’ Brands provide a short-cut for customers when making a purchasing decision, seeking to avoid risk and obtain value for money. Brands provide a relevant, exciting experience. Brands connote a certain lifestyle, set of values or attitude. Brands can become objects of affection or desire - ‘Lovemarks’, even. Buying a brand is an integral part of an individual’s quest for identity and meaning. It could be argued that brands create value by providing consumers with content, a form of belief system and powerful stories that embody these beliefs and values.
Spier Peter, SKEMA Business School, France
Master students and Bachelor students in their final year of study
As a result of this module, students will be able to:
- understand a broad range of issues related to branding, but also achieve a richer vision of how meaning and value are created
- use a range conceptual frameworks and approaches to better understand how brands function
- understand the implications of different theoretical approaches to branding and the management of intangibles and ‘meaning’ in marketing
- understand the importance of values and ethics in the branding process
Participants can receive the following certificates:
- Certificate of Attendance: awarded to all participants who have completed the full online programme.
- Transcript of Records (with credits and grades): awarded only to participants who complete all course requirements and pass the final examination.
EUR 500: You can find more information on our website.
None.Register for this course
on course website