20 July 2021
Design and build low-tech furniture
Starting from an empty restored building, the mission is, at the end of the workshop to have built furniture designed from and to the students. Respecting the principles of circular economy we pretend to use wood waste and reuse old furniture to build design pieces, built and designed through unconventional creative processes that take its inspiration from the available materials. A new concept of thinking the design process will emerge with the tutoring of Giovanni Delvecchio, designer, carpenter and curator, and the architecture studio: Studio Ellisse Architetti.
Studio Ellisse Architetti + Giovanni Delvecchio
The workshop is aimed at students of Architecture, Design but is actually aimed at everyone. Who does not like to create furniture from scratch?
Wich are the aims:
• To develop creative skills, opening up to new scenarios and possibilities;
• To intervene with a contemporary approach, respecting an architectural artifact with a layered history behind it;
• To interpret the client’s needs and the constraints imposed by the pre-existence, according to a low-cost intervention method that involves the use of informal processes such as the recovery of existing materials and self-construction, alongside standard intervention methods;
• To expand your knowledge on the study of interiors;
• To develop manual skills in the making of furniture.
3 ECTS are recognized to students of the Faculties of Architecture and Building Engineering of the Politecnico of Turin.
EUR 390: For 10 days, all included (accommodation, meals and events)