10 July 2021
"On going works" at Crocetta and Lumatsin
It is a hands-on typical Banca del Fare’s workshop, at Cascina Crocetta, a small and charming stone village that hosts our summer school. At the workshop, the students and the craftsmen work together, side-by-side. It is a multidisciplinary course where the students will face a wide range of works and several constructive techniques.
Studio Ellisse Architetti + master craftsmen
The workshop is aimed at students of the Faculties of Architecture, Design, and Building Engineering and people interested in knowing, understanding, and perhaps replicating the construction types of traditional stone and wood architecture.
Wich are the aims:
• To build dry-stone walls (that will contain the panoramic terrace destined to be the student’s open-air cafeteria).
• To design and build a chestnut wood pergola which will shade the terrace.
• To build the ground-floor and wood slab for the Lumatsin ciabot (an old stone house on the surroundings of Cascina)
• To design and build two different types of wood stairs.
• To design and build wooden window frames.
4 ECTS are recognized to students attending the Faculties of Architecture and Building Engineering of the Politecnico of Turin.
The credits are available for those who will participate at the workshop for 14 days.
EUR 290: For 7 days, all included (accommodation, meals, and events)
EUR 540: For 7 days, all included (accommodation, meals, and events)