26 August 2022
Dutch Language Level 1 (A0 → A1-) mid August
Would you like to be able to speak Dutch in shops and cafes? Do you enjoy having small conversations with Dutch natives? Our Dutch Language Level 1 course is designed for beginners with no prior knowledge of Dutch. In a small class of up to 16 students with a qualified trainer you will learn to communicate in Dutch at an elementary level. By the end of the course you’ll be able to make an appointment or order a drink, and you’ll be acquainted with typical Dutch customs and habits.
In a pleasant and supportive environment you’ll make your first steps in learning the Dutch language. This course will help you:
- build elementary vocabulary;
- learn basic grammar (present tense, pronouns, phrase structure, negation, plural, modal verbs, adjectives);
- develop your speaking skills (pronunciation, responding, conversations);
- develop your writing skills (spelling, emails, simple texts);
- improve your comprehension of spoken Dutch;
- improve your comprehension of written Dutch.
The Babel institute is situated in a monumental building in the centre of Utrecht. We encourage you to explore this beautiful part of the Netherlands in your free time and practise your newly acquired skills with Dutch locals.
This course will be offered in a virtual classroom setting. Check the course description for more information.
EUR 525: Course fee