1 July 2022
Microeconometrics In Stata And R
The FEBT Summer school Microeconometrics in STATA and R specializes in the use of statistical methods and research designs essential for high-quality empirical economic work. The experts in the field provide the scientific and practical knowledge of methods used for testing causal relationships in economic and business processes. The growing importance of this type of information requires the use of specific techniques. This course provides up-to-date coverage of different microeconometric methods and models. Apart from a review of relevant theory, the focus of the course is on the practical application of microeconometric techniques appropriate for different data and contexts.
Practical sessions will demonstrate how to implement the studied models in STATA and R.
Blanka Škrabić Perić is an associate professor at the Faculty of Economic, Business and Tourism in Split. Her fields of interest are properties dynamic panel data estimators and tests of heterogeneous Granger causality.
- Graduate students in economics (or in social sciences, technical sciences or science related fields) who intend to round out their knowledge in the field and use it in the proces of preparing dissertations.
- Researchers and professionals working in the field.
- assess the advantages and disadvantages of covered microeconometric methods
- evaluate the suitability of econometric methods within different contexts and relate them to knowledge from other courses
- evaluate the quality of different applications of microeconometric techniques
- create own research questions that can be answered empirically
- create appropriate research designs for different research questions
- create own computer codes that implement econometric methods
EUR 415: This is a reduced rate for early bookings ("Early bird" rate) and applies if application materials are received by May 10, 2022.
EUR 495: This is a regular rate and applies if application materials are received by June 15, 2022.