25 November 2022
Virtual Model EU "The Climate Change"online course
The Virtual Model EU 2022 will be based on the results of the Conference on the Future of Europe, and more precisely will focus on Climate Change. The students will take over the roles of the members of the European Parliament and will have to decide on how to amend the Climate law.
In order to reach an interinstitutional agreement on the amendment proposals for the Climate Law, the participants will have to negotiate like real members of the European Parliament. The article which shall be modified is the 4°, paragraphs 1, 3, 4, and 5. Each group has to propose up to 3 amendments. The amendments will be firstly discussed by the European Parliament and then by the Council. If the vote is successful, the new text of the Climate Law will be considered the outcome of the simulation.
The course consists of:
- 10 online webinars: 07 – 16 November 2022 4.00pm - 5.30pm Central European Time Zone
- Online simulation: 21 – 25 November 2022 3.00pm - 7.00pm Central European Time Zone
The time schedule of the simulation is from 15.00 to 19.00 Rome Time. In this way, we give the European students the opportunity to participate fully in our simulation without missing morning classes at their home university. Plus, we strongly encourage students coming from both south and north America to join this program and, thanks to this time schedule, it will be possible to participate actively despite the different time zones.
For registration please visit our website.
For more information please contact us at model.eu(at)ew-ei.eu or +39 329 4542699 (phone & whatsapp)
University students (bachelor's and master's degrees) enrolled in any degree or young professionals. Age range: 18-32.
Understand the EU legislative process through its simulation.
EUR 226: The participation fee includes:
• Theoretical courses on EU history, institutions, and current challenges
• A set of encompassing materials to allow you to master background knowledge efficiently
• Live Q&As session
• An online simulation of the European Parliament and the Council of the EU (21 – 24 November 2022)
• A certificate of participation
No scholarship available.